SweetAndCasual.com Reviewfrom $24.99/mo
Safety & Security10.0/10
Quality Of Members9.5/10
- Advanced Search
- Auto Matchmaking
- Trust & Secure
- Traditional Match
- Long Signup Form
Overview of Sweet and Casual
SweetandCasual.com is a Casual Dating Site designed around Chat and Video to bring people together to flirt, date, or hook up.
One of my favorite features on this site is the Smart Match. They use your personal info (interests and preferences you provide the site in your profile), search, and dating activity to learn more about what you like. They use this info to show you members you’ll be interested in. This is a new technology some dating sites are using and I think it improves the dating experience. If your searches or interests change, the program changes, too.
My least favorite thing about the site is that it isn’t fully free – even if you buy a membership, you have to upgrade to a VIP membership to get the full benefits and experience. This isn’t a surprise, as dating sites and casual hookup sites are rarely free, but the membership structure is a bit of a headache.
Features and Activities
SweetandCasual gives members a lot of ways to communicate, search and play on the site. This is a big deal – I don’t see many dating sites getting both the tech and the social aspects right.
- Home – This is your default landing page. It has the features you’ll use when you’re online. This is where you will see notifications, chat alerts, and access your dash.
- Inbox – Your inbox will show a notification when you have a new message. It will also store past messages. The better membership packages offer longer storage for your chats, and the ability to interact with more people. The VIP membership lets you chat with everyone. I don’t like the different membership levels for communication and permissions. Some of them are confusing, but ultimately, the best deal with most perks is the VIP Upgrade if you want to message people on the site. You can’t use your Inbox if you can’t message anyone…
- New Members – Members who are new to the site.
- Your New Matches – These are matches that SweetandCasual suggests for you based on your preferences, previous searches, and site activity. This is where the Smart Match Tool applies.
- Browse – Look through members by category or view people you’ve interacted with. Choose to see people who are:
- New – Shows new site members.
- Online – Shows members who are Online Now and have not hidden themselves. You can choose to remain Offline if you prefer to browse the site privately.
- Matches – Shows people the site suggests.
- VIP – Shows VIP Members. You can view these members, but can only interact with them if you have Upgraded to a VIP Membership, in addition to Paid Membership. Consider this section a preview to try to get you to Upgrade if you haven’t done so already.
- Admirers – People who have Winked at you or Liked your profile.
- Favorites – Members you have Liked and who have Liked you in return.
- Visitors – Users who have visited your full Profile to learn more about you.
- Blocked – Use the Block feature for any member, for any reason. You may even want to block people you know in real life if you are dating discreetly or already in a relationship. This is a feature I appreciate. While I love online dating, there are definitely people I don’t want to interact with more than once… or ever. If you change your mind, you can Unblock them.
- Profile – See your profile info and edit it as you see fit. The information you give on your profile helps the site find matches for you. Even if you are just using the site to chat with someone or find a hookup, you should fill out your info so your Matches are relevant.
- Chat – Voice Chat or Video Chat with other users. You can only do this if you have paid for a membership, and even then, you can only Chat with VIP Members if you are one. This is where they nail you down because not being able to chat makes the site kind of hard to use for actual dating.
- Inbox – This is where your messages are stored.
- Flirt – This is a feature that suggests a potential flirt for you based on your preferences. The site keeps track of the Top Flirts of the Week.
The free membership on SweetandCasual.com gives you access to basic features of the website, like search, browsing, and accepting messages. If you want to enjoy the site, date, or hook up, you need to upgrade to paid. The structure for upgrading on this website is more complicated than some others I have used.
If you plan to get a paid membership to the site, it is best to buy the VIP add-on as well. There are so many features on here that you can’t use if you don’t upgrade, so my suggestion is to either stay free and just browse the site or to upgrade to a full VIP Membership. Otherwise, you are paying for a service and still not getting access to all the best parts.
The six-month plan is the best deal. Adding the VIP to the Gold Plan is still cheaper each month than the monthly recurring plan. It saves a substantial amount to pick the longer plans, but they are also billed on sign-up, so it is a higher upfront cost.
1-month membership at $39.99/month
- Add VIP $14.90/month = $54.89
- Total due at signup = $54.89
3-month membership at $29.99/month
- Add VIP $14.90/month = $44.89
- Total due at signup = $134.67
- Saves $10/month or $30 total
6-month membership at $24.99/month
- Add VIP $14.90/month = $39.89
- Total due at sign-up = $239.34
- Saves $15/month or $90 total
SweetandCasual.com is a quality dating site – I’d pay for it again (and already have). It isn’t glitchy or full of spam and links out to other sites. It runs like a social media site. They review and validate profiles, have good security, and the site always seems busy.
The winning features of this dating site are the Search Function and the Smart Match. The way they work together makes it easy to find Matches. Casual Dating and Hookup Sites are busy. There are a ton of them online, and it can take forever to sift through profiles on the sites, especially on the sites that are slow, don’t have great features, or take you out to different sites with bait and click or pop-ups every time you try to click on the next page. The Smart Match makes this whole thing easier, which is relieving for someone who spends a lot of time on sites that are a nightmare to navigate, much less enjoy.
My least favorite things about the site are the Membership Structure, as I think it could be simplified, and the lack of a Status Update feature. A lot of the new dating sites have Status Updates, and those lend a community feel to the site. You can get to know other members before sending a private message. I’d love to see them add that in the future.